January 12, 2017 / Leave a Comment
Parties are great and fun and all, but only when you have everything planned well. One big hit whenever there are many people at place are party snacks. Besides serving as appetizers, they add colour to the party setup, and help break the ice, start conversations about food–who doesn’t love that?
Three Easy Party Snacks
1- Chickpea and Mint Crostini
- 115.5-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- ½cup pomegranate seeds (from 1 small pomegranate)
- ¼cup fresh mint, chopped
- 2scallions, chopped
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1small baguette, thinly sliced and toasted
In a medium bowl, combine the chickpeas, pomegranate seeds, mint, scallions, oil, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Serve with the bread. (source here)
2- Greek Salad Skewers
- 1/4 English cucumber, cut into four 1/2 inch thick diagonal slices
- 4 ounces feta cheese, cut into 16 cubes
- 8 pitted Kalamata olives, cut in half
- 8 grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper or mixed peppercorns
- 16 toothpicks
Cut the cucumber slices into quarters.
Thread each toothpick with a tomato, Kalamata, feta, and then the cucumber piece.
Place the skewers on a serving plate and drizzle the assembled skewers with the olive oil.
Grind the pepper over the appetizers and serve. (source here)
3- Avocado Bar
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (from 1 garlic clove)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Coarse salt
- 1 large tomato, diced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 4 limes
- 2 ounces Cotija cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 4 avocados, chilled
Place beans in a bowl. Heat oil in a small saute pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cumin, and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Pour oil over beans, and stir to coat; season with salt. Transfer to a serving bowl.
Stir together tomato, cilantro, onion, and juice of 1 lime. Season salsa with salt, and transfer to a serving bowl. Place cheese in a small serving bowl.
Just before serving, cut avocados in half, remove pits, and squeeze remaining limes over flesh. Season with salt, and arrange on a platter. Serve with beans, salsa, and cheese. (source here)
We hope you enjoyed this selection of three easy party snacks! We love everything related to events, catering, recipes, or events venues in Edmonton. If you do too, stay tuned for inspiration and ideas from our team. Good luck on your next entertainment gig.